Interfaith Community Builds Spiritual Immunity
A Call for Unity by India’s Spiritual Leaders
Eminent Faith Leaders of the Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Sikh and Buddhist Community Come together for a Historic Webinar Organised by the Global Interfaith WASH Alliance, Inspired and Initiated by Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji, on the Faith Response to Covid 19
A Clarion Call to Support Frontline Workers by Maulana Mahmood Madaniji and Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji: Donation of 3,000-5,000 PPE Protective Suites to Healthcare Workers & Appeal to all Religious Leaders and Faith Communities
Faith Leaders Urge Followers and Community to Stay at Home, Follow Complete Lockdown and that serve humanity as true service to God
ONLINE: A very Special High Level Interfaith Panel was organised online by the Global Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA) in collaboration with the Water Supply Sanitation Collaborative Council, a United Nations Member Agency entitled “Faith Response to Covid-19″ discussing how Faith Leaders and Faith Based Organisations are responding, serving and working together in the fight against the Corona Virus.
The Esteemed Panelists included:
- Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji, President, Parmarth Niketan, Founder/Chair, GIWA
- Maulana Mahmood Madaniji, Secretary General, Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind
- Father Paul, Executive Director, Caritas India
- Dr Rajwant Singhji, President/Founder of EcoSikh, Officially Representing Giani Harpreet Singhji, Jathedar, Sri Akal Takhat, Golden Temple
- Ven Dr Dhammapiyaji, Secy General, International Buddhist Confederation
- Sadhvi Bhagawati Saraswatiji, Secy General, GIWA, President, Divine Shakti Foundation
- Vinod Mishraji, WSSCC India Coordinator
- and moderated by Ganga Nandini, Director of Project Implementation, Communication, GIWA
During the discussions it was shared that:
- The Jamiat Ulema-E-Hind and Global Interfaith WASH Alliance would come together to donate 3,000-5,000 PPE (Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)) Body Suits to Doctors and Frontline Healthcare Professionals so that they can protect themselves whilst taking care of those who have contracted the Corona Virus.
- Appeal from all faith leaders to buy and send gifts through the appropriate medical hospitals and channels to nurses and doctors working day and night in the fight against Covid 19
- Pujya Swamiji appealed that this Ram Navami’s Kanya Poojan should be dedicated to the Nurses and Shaktis who are serving as Healthcare Providers or Sanitation Workers
- Services to the Vulnerable, Poor and Migrant Population is the greatest worship to do at this time was emphasized by all Faith Leaders. Maulana Mahmood Madaniji appealed to adopt and care for such needy families around us is a beautiful way we can connect with God and serve humanity which at this time is the greatest form of worship.
- Time to reconnect with faith within ourselves, stay at home and strictly follow the 21 Days Lockdown the greatest service that can be done to God and as responsible, faith abiding beings.