Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji and Sadhvi Bhagawati Saraswatiji participated in an online meeting of Interfaith Leaders organised by Sphere India and UNICEF. The Interfaith Solidarity Alliance Meeting was an inspiring and productive discussion with Sphere India, WHO, UNICEF India and many others. Pujya Swamiji and Sadhviji both shared their joy at the Global Interfaith WASH Alliance is a part of their initiatives.
Other panelists included:
- Sister Urmilji of Brahmakumari Rajyoga Seva Kendra
- Swami Sarbolokanda of Ram Krishna Mission
- Mr. Navaid Hamid, President of All India Muslim Majlis-eMushawarat
- Maulana Khalid Rashid Firangi Mahali of Islamic Centre of India
- Sardar Gurpreet Singh of Khalsa Aid
- Father Paul of Caritas India
- Father Achan Abraham Mathew, of National Council of Churches in India
- father Kasta Dip of India Peace Centre.
- Anu Puri and Dr. Ritu Chauhan of WHO
- Vikrant Mahajan and Eilia Jafar of Sphere India
- and Ganga Nandini of the Global Interfaith WASH Alliance
Pujya Swamiji shared the great work GIWA & Parmarth Niketan is doing to help those in need at this time of crisis, and He shared words of inspiration and upliftment saying, “Yes we are in a Lockdown. The gates are Locked but we should not feel Down. Spirituality and prayer boost our immunity.”
Sadhviji shared beautifully, “Faith is that which tells us how to understand ourselves, the universe, and our roles in the universe. This virus came to this world and ravaged the world due to the ways we created our society, a society in which we spent more time on our military rather than our health care.”